(EFFECTIVE DATE: May 01, 2019)
2. COLLECT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Client/Distributor/User” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, about a client who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
We generally do not collect your personal data unless
It is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorized representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or
Collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law);
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We may also collect your personal data from a variety of sources, including, without limitation,
- When participate in offline activities organised and/or sponsored by us, such as meetings, events, contests, and client satisfaction surveys;
- When making a reservation with us;
- When you visit our website;
- When you contact us in person;
- When we contact you in person;
- When we collect information about you from third parties;
- When you interact with us via social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, etc;
- Via publicly accessible resources such as directories;
- Via contractual agreement or arrangement;
- Via telephone, fax, online chat, and email;
- Via any Platform owned and managed by AiVA;
- Via third party distributors, travel agents, travel aggregators, online portals, and alike.
Personal Data We May Collect from You
Based on AiVA nature of business, AiVA may collect from you personal information including but not limited to the following:
- Verification identification information, such as your identity card number and passport number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status;
- Contact information, such as your home address or correspondence address, email address or telephone number;
- Visual information, such as your photographs, audios and videos;
- Employment information, such as your employer, position;
- Financial information, such as your credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information (including cardholder name, number and expiration date) and information about a payment recipient (such as name, contact information and account information);
- Dietary requirements;
- Medical reports/records or information relevant to your travel arrangements;
- Travel Details, including:
- o Flight detail – flight number, arrival and departure time;
- o Intended check-in and check-out dates;
- o Number of rooms required;
- o Pick-up and drop-off dates & time;
- o Personal details of all passengers, including name, date of birth, nationality, gender, telephone number, email address and passport number.
The types of personal data collected depend on the purposes of collection. We may “process” your personal data by way of collecting, recording, holding, storing, using, sharing, disclosing and/or deleting it;
When you browse through our Platforms, we may collect information regarding the device, device location, domain and host from which you access the Platform, the Internet Protocol address of the computer or Internet service provider you are using, and anonymous site statistical data. We may also collect information using cookies (see Cookies section below).
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We may also collect your personal data from a variety of sources, including, without limitation,
- Register for a user Account with us;
- Performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- Process, Manage and Verify your identity in compliance with requirements under anti-money laundering legislation (which may include checking identity against verification sources such as credit bureaus or records maintained by utility or telecommunications companies, and watch lists established by regulatory agencies and similar bodies in local and foreign countries);
- Administer, improve and personalize your experience on the Platforms;
- Responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- Resolve disputes, troubleshoot concerns and help promote safe Services;
- Detect, prevent and protect you and us against error, fraud and other criminal activity;
- Fulfil and validate your purchases/reservations/bookings/inquiries;
- Prepare itineraries, invoices and process transactions;
- Communicate with you about our products and services;
- Managing your relationship with us, provide customer service and support;
- Processing payment or credit transactions;
- Measure consumer interest in our Platforms and Services;
- Sending your marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
- Complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- Occasionally send you market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, client profiling activities, analysis of client patterns and choices, usage and activity trends analysis in relation to the Platform and/or Service and our users’ demographics (on an anonymised basis);
- Facilitate your participation in, and our administration of, any of our activities including contests, promotions, activities, campaigns, events, meetings and exhibitions or polls;
- Provide updates and analyze trends and site usage to enhance our marketing and promotional efforts;
- Improve our content, service and product offerings;
- For daily operation and administration of services and facilities in relation to the products provided to you;
- Transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any agreements entered into with us;
- We may use personal information for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law;
- Transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in your country or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- Any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above;
- For internal administrative and updating purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, record keeping, contact lists, risk management, security, etc;
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, rent, transfer or disclose any of your personal data to any third party without your consent. However, we may disclose some of your personal data to the following third parties, as necessary to provide a Service you have requested.
Where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
Our subsidiaries, related and/or associated companies;
Your immediate family members and/or emergency contact person as may be notified to us from time to time;
Successors in title to us;
Our selected third parties (business/marketing partners, sponsors, advertisers) who offer promotions or organise contests, events, activities or campaigns;
Any person under a duty of confidentiality to which has undertaken to keep your personal data confidential which we have engaged to discharge our obligations to you;
Any party in relation to legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
Auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisers appointed in connection with our business on a strictly confidential basis, appointed by us to provide services to us; any party nominated or appointed by us either solely or jointly with other service providers, who provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
Storage facility and records management service providers;
Government agencies, law enforcement agencies, courts, tribunals, regulatory/professional bodies, industry regulators, ministries, and/or statutory agencies or bodies, offices or municipality in any country, if required or authorised to do so, to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, order or judgment of a court or tribunal or queries from the relevant authorities;
Our business/marketing partners, third party product and/or service providers, suppliers, vendors, distributors, contractors or agents, on a need to know basis, that provide related products and/or services in connection with our business on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of the Platform and/or Service to you;
The general public when you become a winner in a contest, participate in our events or activities, submit your rating and/or review or other features of the Platform and/or Service that are viewable by the general public without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes;
Any third party (and its advisers/representatives) in connection with any proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, consolidation, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, funding exercise or asset/share sale relating to all or any portion of our business or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership; and/or
Any other person reasonably requiring the same in order for us to operate and maintain our business or carry out the activities set out in the Purposes or as instructed/authorised by you;
We may disclose personal information as necessary to resolve disputes, detect, prevent and protect you and us against error, fraud and other criminal activity, enforce our terms and conditions, collect amounts owed to us, meet legal, regulatory, self-regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and in other circumstances with your consent or as permitted or required by law;
5. ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorized representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided above.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is stored securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or other similar risks, we endeavour, where commercially practicable, to implement appropriate technical, physical, electronic and procedural security measures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations and industry standard to safeguard against and prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data, and the destruction of, or accidental loss, damage to, alteration of, unauthorised disclosure of or access to your personal data.
The Internet is not a secure medium. However, we will put in place various reasonable security procedures with regard to the Platform and your electronic communications with us. All our employees and data processors, which have access to, and are associated with the processing of your personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we take commercially practical steps to protect your personal data, we cannot and do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access, unlawful interceptions or loss of personal data transmitted to or from AiVA, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such personal data.
7. INTERNET AND MOBILE APPLICATION USE
You acknowledge that the provision of your personal data to us over the Internet is entirely at your own risk.
You further acknowledge that if you post your rating and/or review on the Platform, your rating and/or review will become public information and will be retained by us even after your account has been terminated. Your email addresses and phone number will not be visible to others through any rating and/or review that you post.
In addition to using cookies and related technologies as described above, we may also permit certain third party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to users and use other data about user activities on our Platform and/or Service (e.g., to allow them to tailor ads on third party services). These companies may deliver ads that might also place cookies and otherwise track user behaviour.
We may automatically receive record and store location services information from your computer or mobile device when you interact with us. You hereby consent to our use of anonymised location services information collected from you. Where the location services information is personally identifiable, we will give you the options to manage your disclosure of this information. Depending on the functionalities available on your computer or mobile device, you may benefit from advanced options to manage the location services information. A computer or mobile device may report its GPS location at the time you interact with us if the location services settings are enabled. Such information is not identified as personal data, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
You may withdraw your consent to our collect, use, share, disclose, and process of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide our Services.
9. ACCESS, CORRECTION, WITHDRAW AND CONTACTING US
AiVA's may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the purposes described above. Your file will be stored on our servers or those of our service providers. If you wish to request access to or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may write to the address or email listed below, with attention to the Privacy Officer. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
You may at any time, by written notice to AiVA, requesting AiVA at the end of a prescribed period, as is reasonable in the circumstances, to cease or not to begin processing your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.
If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to us at the address below or by emailing us at email@example.com
10. ENGLISH VERSION TO PREVAIL